CELEBRATION CAKES: A non-refundable 50% deposit is required to hold your date and secure your order. This must be paid within 24hours of discussing and confirming your order. If payment is not received within the required time, you will have to check again to be sure your date is still open.
* We endeavour to meet customer needs by remaining patient when payment delays unfortunately, we are unable to pursue customers or offer reminders for payments to be made.
* If not if payment is not received on time, your cake will not be made as your booking would not have been secured.
* Where a deposit has been made please confirm payment via text/call, so a confirmation of your secured date is agreed.
* The balance of your remaining payment should be made not later than 7 days before your cake is due.
* We may send you a reminder before the final payment date is due, if payment is not received within 24hours after the final payment date, your cake may not be made.
* Full payment is required for cakes due less than 7 days at the time of enquiry.
* We require advance notice of up to two weeks for an order but in exceptional circumstances, there is always room for last minute cake orders so please do not hesitate to contact as soon as possible to discuss your cake. Please be advised there may be design limitations and other expected changes to your preferred cake due to limited time constraints. We will still prioritise your needs wherever possible so please keep an open mind, full payment is required for last minute orders.
WEDDING CAKES: Before you do anything please contact us to make sure your wedding date is available. If your date is available a design consultation is highly recommended.
We offer consultations by appointments over the phone or contact via email, but we highly recommend a face-to-face consultation to ensure a complete bespoke service for your cake. A £30 payment is required to secure your consultation, this will be deducted from the final price of your cake when it is finally confirmed.
When your consultation is secured, you will be invited for a design and tasting session during which, your ideas will be discussed, and a selection of your chosen cake flavours will be sampled. We recommend you bring along all relevant elements from which to draw inspiration such as Pinterest boards, photos, invitation cards, fabrics etc.
After your session, a detailed quote will be formulated based on your chosen design. Final price of your custom cake will depend on details and complexity of design. On receipt of your final cake price, a non-refundable booking fee of £50- £100 is required to secure your cake. Any cake below the value of £250 will require a £50 deposit while any cake over £250 will require a £100 deposit.
The balance will be due four weeks before the date of your wedding and should be paid in full via bank transfer.
Delivery of your wedding cake is highly recommended due to the delicate nature of wedding cakes and will be discussed during your consultation. The final quote of your cake is inclusive of a standard delivery charge. To ensure a robust, stressless and hassle-free day, we deliver and set up your cake for you. We also work closely with your chosen venue to ensure your cake is left in good hands after delivery and set up
Initial deposits are non-refundable due to your place held hence the loss of business or further bookings. It is however at our discretion to offer refunds under exceptional circumstances where a reasonable threshold has been met outside of the stated terms and conditions.
* reasonable threshold includes a return of the up to ¾ of the cake and further reasons not including taste or design.
* we reserve the rights to cancel bookings in extremely exceptional conditions outside of our control. In such circumstances we will make a full refund of payments received.
* where your cake has been cancelled after final payment has been made on the agreed final payment date it will be at our discretion to refund a percentage of the total amount. This will take into account preparations made and cost incurred. Initial deposits under these circumstances are still non-refundable.
We aim to assist you to ensure your cake is safe on collection, our responsibility ends when the cake is collected, and we are not liable for any issues related to the handling and transportation of your cake once it is handed to you. We strongly recommend your wedding cake is delivered due to the delicate nature of your wedding cake.
Most of our celebration cakes are for collection only but where necessary delivery will be discussed and agreed in advance. Our wedding cakes are priced inclusive of delivery within a certain distance extra delivery charges may apply outside of the standard delivery distance. We recommend that your wedding cake is delivered and set up, where this has not been the case, you are responsible for your cake and we will not be liable for any damage caused while the cake is in your care.
It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure the venue supply a suitable location for cakes to be displayed, we will not be liable for any damage to cakes after set up.
We will design your cake to suit your requests and preferences, we can also also accommodate design alterations within a reasonable time before work begins on your cake. At Glady’s Gourmet Cakes we do not replicate the exact work of other artists provided in photo form. However we use these photos as a inspiration and a guide to uniquely create a cake for you.
Our cakes contain dairy, eggs, gluten (wheat) & nuts (in certain flavours). They are made in a kitchen that also handles nuts, alcohol & soya. We can make gluten, dairy and nut free cakes on request, however we cannot in any circumstance guarantee that these cakes will be free from trace amounts due to the nature of production. Glady’s Gourmet Cakes accepts no liability for customers or their guests suffering reactions from eating our cakes. It is the customer’s responsibility to make us aware of any special dietary requirements, and their guests aware of any ingredients where appropriate. If required, and upon request, we can provide a full list of ingredients for your cake.
Unless you are using edible flowers, all flowers and foliage are for decorative purposes only and should not be consumed. No liability can be accepted for any ill effects resulting from ingesting floral decorations. Care should be also be taken for those with contact allergies to any flowers or foliage. We cannot accept any liability for any reactions triggered by the floral decorations. Whilst care has been taken to check suitability of the flowers for use on cakes, we are not flower experts. When we attach flowers to cakes for hygiene purposes, we use floral ‘picks’ and other forms to make your cake safe. some items may not be suitable for consumption.
You can arrange to hire one of our cake stands for your day. Stand hire is £30 and a £50 deposit is required to book the hire. We expect the stand be returned to us within 3 days of your event in the same condition that we loan it to you. If this does not happen, you are liable for the full cost of a replacement.
We take immense care with every cake that we create and hope that you love it. However, if you have a complaint, this must be made in writing with photographic evidence within 7 days of the event.
Payment for your cake confirms that you have read and agreed to these terms.
We understand occasionally it might be necessary to return an order. Unfortunately, since our products are food related and perishable, we are unable to restore or sell them. As a result we cannot guarantee a refund except in exceptional circumstances when we exercise discretion to do so.